About the New Palestine High School Athletic Booster Club
The Official Statement:
The mission of the Athletic Booster Club is to encourage the community to take a greater interest in athletic affairs and to financially support the athletic programs at New Palestine High School. Our goal is to broaden participation in the Booster Club to include the family of every student/athlete, as well as all other supporters of New Palestine High School athletics. By encouraging broad participation, we will be able to develop greater resources to assist all teams in achieving their goals. Go Dragons!
The Unofficial Statement:
We are a bunch of overly-committed, logo-wearing, Dragon supporting parents that value the lessons sports can bring to our students and our community. Sports, like kids, are expensive and we need volunteers to raise $ (and lots of it) so that we can continue to pay for athlete letters & awards, uniforms, and equipment. Therefore, you and your family members will likely be hounded to participate in our various fundraisers throughout the year; and be asked to join our club through our nominal $30 membership fee – which essentially gives you bragging rights as a member of the NPHS Athletic Booster Club. Go Dragons!
The New Palestine Athletic Booster Club contributes approximately $20,000 each year to the sports teams at New Palestine High School. Our program helps the Athletic Department fund needed items for athletes in all sports. Last year, we contributed funds for the following:
- Fall, Winter, and Spring Patches for all athletes in all sports
- Boys soccer jerseys
- Volleyball nets and equipment
- Volleyball uniforms
- Boys basketball uniforms
- Football reconditioning
- Gymnastics equipment and floor boards
- Golf and Tennis fees and equipment
- Wrestling mats
- Track equipment needs
- Inflatable sports balls
- Softball uniforms
- Football jerseys
If you don’t see your sport listed, it is likely because we contributed to that sport in the prior school year. We support all sports and many uniforms, for example, are on rotating year schedules.
We realize many sports have clubs that also contribute to the wants of coaches (practice apparel, banquet fees, team t-shirts, etc). As parents you may be asked to contribute to both organizations. Our goal within Booster Club is to focus on the needs for the teams and work directly with the Athletic Department.
What else do we do?
- Provide concessions during sporting events
- Produce and pay for the Fall & Winter Sports Programs
- Manage the Game Ball Program at sporting events
- Create and sells Spirit Wear
- Pay for:
- Sports Uniforms
- Sports Equipment
- Letter & Patch Awards distributed to athletes
- Fall & Winter Sports Programs
Ways you can help:
- Become a member
- Volunteer to work concession stand shifts
- Buy your NPHS Spirit Wear from us
- Participate in the Game Ball Programs & fundraisers
- Become a Sports Representative
Let us know if you have ideas
Ways we raise $
A lot of time, energy, and talent goes into raising funds to support our teams. The following initiatives generate revenue:
- Booster Club Membership Fees (only $30 per year)
- Profits from concessions sold during sporting events
- Business advertising in the Fall & Winter Sports Programs
- Individual ticket sales and corporate sponsorships for the Game Ball Raffle Program at sporting events
- Sales of apparel and spiritwear at games and sports meetings
We are always looking for volunteers to help with the initiatives above or come up with new ideas.
Car decals provided by: